Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law

Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law. Sweet Adrien decided that I am somewhat funny. So, to satisfy her, I started this blog. Whether you will laugh or find me interesting, I can't predict, but no matter what you get out of this blog, just remember...Adrien Made Me Do It!!















Thursday, April 22, 2010

ahhh...friends

Well, as you can see by looking at my page I have three "followers". Funny, because I actually know all three of them, Adrien (the one who made me do this), Jessi (Adrien's cousin) and Cathy (Adrien's aunt) and they don't actually "follow" me anywhere. We may meet in the same places or sit together at church or share a meal or play ROCK BAND, but never once have I looked over my shoulder and found any of the three "following" me. I assure you that in 6 months if you look at this blog again, they will still be the only three who find me funny enough to "follow". Love their hearts, they are so easily entertained.

Now the word "followers" sounds kind of cult-like, don't you think? Perhaps blogspot.com should change the word to "fan" or "liker". Facebook just changed the "Become a Fan" button to "Like". Is it wrong to be a fan of something? I say absolutely not.

I am a fan of many things: GLEE (which may be the topic of a soon-to-come posting), the extra crumbs that you get at Long John Silver's, Kathy Griffin-although I am completely not proud of this because she stands for everything that I have been taught all of my life to repent from, however, I find that watching her puts a smile on my face like no other show can, imitation crab meat, Stephenie Meyer, the Script song "Breakeven", 10th Ave North and of course slap bracelets. These are just a few things that have, through the years, earned my fanship.

Perhaps you enjoy some of these things, too. That doesn't mean that you "follow" them, right? How do you follow leftover deep fried fish batter? You don't. It follows you. It hangs right on to your ass and it won't let go for any amount of sit-ups in the world. So in actuality, it is a follower of mine as well.

Anyway, all I am saying is that I only FOLLOW Jesus Christ. I reserve the right to be a "fan" of many things, but follower I am not. ;~)

All of that being said, I am ever so grateful for my "followers". They laugh when I speak, whether out of pity or genuine humor I don't know, but it sure tugs at the old heart strings. God bless you 3 "followers" of mine.

2 comments:

  1. well I found you because Jessi is a new 'follower' on MY blog and doesn't appear to have a blog of her own [yet ] so I thought I'd pop over here and see who or what she was interested in :]
    You write very well :]
    enjoy your new blogging experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I appreciate that. I hope you enjoy me enough to follow as well. LOL Jessi's page is Notes from a Scattered Mind. She is super funny and very witty. Have a blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete

My Peeps

My Peeps

Followers

Powered By Blogger