Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law

Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law. Sweet Adrien decided that I am somewhat funny. So, to satisfy her, I started this blog. Whether you will laugh or find me interesting, I can't predict, but no matter what you get out of this blog, just remember...Adrien Made Me Do It!!















Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WTF...Why the Fussin?..er, um,..Cussin?


So, occasionally, I am compelled to use a lesser form of communication known as cussing.


I am not proud of it, but I admit that it does happen. I am an emotional cusser. Anger is the catalyst for most of the cussin' that escapes my lips. However, sometimes I find it hard to tell a joke or say something funny without some sort of expletive.


I am ashamed.


Don't get me wrong, I never say the really bad curse words. I just use the little 5 cent ones, ya know? Yet, I have said "WTF" more times than I can count, which really is the same as cussin', b/c everyone knows exactly what you mean. Why not just say it? Or have you ever said, "Son of a hmmm" or "What the hmmm" (imagine a grunt or high pitched squeak in place of the hmmm)? Does that count?


Oy vey.


I've got to watch it. I have two little kids that have highly selective hearing. My daughter walks around saying "Son of a Nutcracker", which is odd in and of itself, but we all know the intention of the expression. My kids are super excited when there is a cuss word in a song b/c all bets are off and they know that I can't punish them for repeating something that I am voluntarily allowing them to hear. We used to listen to a song quite frequently that said the word "damn" and my kids would say nearly every time we got in the car, "Can we listen to that cuss song?"


Looking back over my blog, I believe I have used the word "ass" in every post. This realization makes me sad. I once heard Will Smith say that the reason he doesn't use profanities in his music is b/c his grandmother once told him that "only ignorant people can't find better words to express themselves" or something like that. Anyway, it stuck with me, but obviously there are times that I fall into the ignorant category.

It is weird b/c I don't let the words slip. There is a nanosecond hesitation in which I think, "Is it really necessary to cuss at this juncture?", but I say it anyway. I'm not one of those people who just blurt it out unaware. I know what I'm doing and somehow do it anyway. Must be the rebel in me. No drinkin', druggin', or just plain ol' disorderly conduct, but the occasional cuss word keeps my persona "edgy". I have a rep to maintain people. But I do need to watch myself.


So, I pledge to all...4 of you and to myself that I will show some restraint when it comes to my potty mouth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Peeps

My Peeps

Followers

Powered By Blogger