Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law

Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law. Sweet Adrien decided that I am somewhat funny. So, to satisfy her, I started this blog. Whether you will laugh or find me interesting, I can't predict, but no matter what you get out of this blog, just remember...Adrien Made Me Do It!!















Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Believe in Me" - Every young girl should watch this!!

So, we watched this little movie called "Believe in Me". It is about an Oklahoma girls' basketball team set in 1966. The expectations for this little team are pretty low considering the most games ever won by them in a season is 6. The town doesn't go and watch them play, they wear the boys' old uniforms and only get to practice for one hour during the school day before lunch. But things are about to change for these ladies.




Coach Driscoll, who has assisted other boys' teams for several years has come to town and though he thinks he will be coaching the boys, he ends up coaching a giggling group of girls.


Knowing nothing about girls and wishing for boys, he coaches the only way he knows how. In a time when these country girls have no more aspirations than becoming a rancher's wife and raising babies, Coach Driscoll gives them something to believe in...themselves. I highly recommend this movie to any girl, young or old. This is a prime example of how far women have come in sports and in society.




It is an inspirational story that had my child saying, "You know, Mom, I do want to play basketball again this year!!" Thank you, Lord Jesus. I would sorely miss coaching her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Peeps

My Peeps

Followers

Powered By Blogger