Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law

Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law. Sweet Adrien decided that I am somewhat funny. So, to satisfy her, I started this blog. Whether you will laugh or find me interesting, I can't predict, but no matter what you get out of this blog, just remember...Adrien Made Me Do It!!















Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Coupons, Sales, Rainbows and Unicorns...These are a few of my Favorite Things!!



So, I have this compulsion to shop, which sounds dangerous, right? Well, it can be and has been, but I only buy things that my family needs. Well, I do now anyway. I have never been one of those shopaholics that buys new clothes all the time or can't wear the same pair of shoes with more than one outfit. I mean I like clothes as much as the next person, but if I overspend it is typically on something for my kids and honestly, there has to be an occassion before they get something. I promised myself before I had children that I would not be one of those parents that made a jaunt through the toy section of every store and allow my children to buy something just for behaving appropriately or some other nonsense. (Seriously. Did you get something every time you went to the store and refrained from throwing yourself on the floor and acting like a complete ass? I didn't. I did however get to keep the ability to sit without a throbbing pain on my backside from a well deserved beating.) My kids are pretty well supplied with toys because we go overboard at Christmas and our house is small, so it seems like they have a lot.




On a side note: The husband goes out and buys $40 worth of Zuu Zuu pets for the kids because they have seen the commercial and that is all they have talked about for an entire week. I pleaded with him not to because I know that they won't play with them and this is just a frenzy brought on by merciless propaganda on the Cartoon Network. But he argued that they do not ask for much and I have to say that it is true. They very rarely get excited about any particular toy and get in that whiney begging mode that you so often hear 3 aisles over at Walmart. To their credit, they never once begged for the Zuu Zuus. So, he buys them and the children are enamored with them for, oh, about 45 minutes and have not, I repeat NOT, touched them since. Lesson learned, Daddy...always listen to Mommy.




Anyway, I have this need to get into the grocery store or drug store and spend as little money as possible while filling my cart with all of the items my family will need to get through...a nuclear war. I currently have 8 bottles of Kraft salad dressing, 6 boxes of cereal 14 boxes of jell-o, 6 bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, 6 bottles of Dawn detergent and...a lot more. Now, these aren't exactly "staples" if you will, but I am ready for...well, I don't know, but I'm ready for something!!




So, I thought that I would share with you my latest and greatest deal of the week. Perhaps, I will post my most awesome of deals each week so that you too can be amazed by me. LOL




Kroger




All Oxi-Clean detergent - On Sale for $2.99


coupon - $2.00


Total of $.99 for 32 loads of laundry


(I buy multiple newspapers, so I ended up with 3 bottles)




Snuggle fabric softener - On Sale for $2.99


coupon -$1.50


Total of $1.49 each (I bought 2)




Betty Crocker Cake Mixes - On Sale for 10/$10


Betty Crocker Icing $1.49 each


coupon - $.75 for the combo


Total $1.74 (I bought 3 of each)




Total spent on said deals this morning $11.84 with tax. Not too shabby, huh? I bet some of you spent $11.84 on a jumbo bottle of Tide or a couple of cases of soda pop, right?




CVS




Gillette Men's Body Wash $4.00 get $4.00 Extra Bucks back (a phenomenon that I will gladly share with you if you want me to)




So basically, $4.00 for one bottle and then a BOGO coupon




Total = I spent $4.48 on the first bottle, got the second for free and then they gave me $8.00 Extra Bucks (CVS cash, essentially)




Ahhhhh. That's what they call a "money maker" in the couponing world. I used my $8 EB to get 3 boxes of name brand cereal, 2 pakages of, well, feminine products and 4 packs of gum!!!




La, la, la, la, la.......... All is well in my shopping world at moments like this!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud! I never get deals like this! Although, as my DH was putting away the groceries this weekend he informed me that we have 10 boxes of butter (you know, the stick kind?) So, if we have that 'something' and you run out of butter, you know where to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous. I have 2 and a half bottles of laundry detergent, but it's on my list for the week because of that 2.99 price point. I'm currently searching the web for a coupon, since you had one, but I have to use the free and clear for Brynna's eczema.

    Also, I need you to teach me the way of CVS. I have a card, but I have never used a single extra care buck. And I go there all the time in a panic for stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Adrien made you do it?
    Whatever the impetus it's good. A blog should be about idle thoughts and such. Lord knows we get enough drival from other sources.
    Thanks for the kinds words, I'll do my best to live up to them.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

My Peeps

My Peeps

Followers

Powered By Blogger