Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law

Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law. Sweet Adrien decided that I am somewhat funny. So, to satisfy her, I started this blog. Whether you will laugh or find me interesting, I can't predict, but no matter what you get out of this blog, just remember...Adrien Made Me Do It!!















Thursday, June 17, 2010

God is Good: Cloud ART Edition




And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. -Revelation 21:23





You know, people pay bookoo (?) bucks for a painting or sculpture from an artist. Typically, the more eccentric the artist, the more money they make. Whether they chop off their own ear in a crazy episode or they use uncooked macaroni for texture, to someone, their work is considered art. Whatever. To each his own, I say.


As a mother, I am constantly presented with timeless pieces that should no doubt hang in the Louver(spelling?). To me, though, I see God's "art" everywhere I look. I can see it in my kids. The design he put into making them look like Mike and me, but giving them their own characteristics separating them from us completely. The blooms and colors of the hydrangea bush in my front yard. The subtle shades and textures of the trees behind our house. The ever evolving work of art that is the sky. The reflection and shapes that water gives when you put your hand into a gentle stream. It's everywhere.


Don't go to a gallery and spend thousands of dollars when you can look all around you and see His glorious works for free.

1 comment:

  1. See, I spent my lunch hour in a gallery just across the street from this lovely display and never looked up. How sad! (I did however find a lovely sculpture that I must have! As soon as I can spare $3,000 (!!!). I will probably end up with clouds and be happier!)

    ReplyDelete

My Peeps

My Peeps

Followers

Powered By Blogger