Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law

Adrien is my sister...not by choice, but by law. Sweet Adrien decided that I am somewhat funny. So, to satisfy her, I started this blog. Whether you will laugh or find me interesting, I can't predict, but no matter what you get out of this blog, just remember...Adrien Made Me Do It!!















Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Book 'Em, Danno



I am about to make my first attempt at a book review. I will exhaust myself trying to find my point. I promise. I've just always thought that it would be fun to have my opinion of a book put into People magazine. (Sigh...) A girl can dream.



Alright, so I read a book called "My Name is Memory" ------> and I very much enjoyed it. The idea is that God recycles us, if you will. We keep being reincarnated time after time and all but a hand full of us don't remember a thing. But there are a few rare souls who can remember back as far as their very first life and that is the torment that has befallen 'Daniel'. He has lived hundreds of lives over thousands of years and since his first life, he has been in love with the same girl. This would seem like a wonderful thing, but the problem is that she can't remember her lives like he does, so every time he finds her, he has to try to convince her of what they shared. Obviously, she often thinks he is a nut job and wants him to stay away, but sometimes her heart is open and she begins to accept the dream that he speaks of. The tragic part is that they are never born in the same place at the same time. In some lives, he is a child and she is 80 or he is a middle aged fat man with a wife and two mistresses and she is a homeless runaway. Daniel loves her all the same, but fate does not make it easy for the two of them to find the perfect fit. If you crossed the drama and intensity of the "Time Traveler's Wife" and the vulnerability and innocence of "50 First Dates" (the movie), you've just about got the feel of this book. 'Daniel' takes you on a journey all over the world through his memories and you are enamored with the love that he has only for 'Sophia'. That isn't her name now, but it was the first time they fell in love and that is how he will always know her as he spans the globe lifetime after lifetime looking for a moment in time when they can be together.


I highly recommend this book. ***** <------ 5 Asterisks!!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds great! I've always wanted to do book reviews too. I used to write movie reviews but I'd rather do books.

    I have a friend who believes precisely this. She's always telling me that I am an "old soul" because I'm apparently wise beyond my years. I take the compliment and run.

    ReplyDelete

My Peeps

My Peeps

Followers

Powered By Blogger